Saturday, November 15, 2008

11/14/17-11/14/08

If I could put this day into one word it would be hard but I would say it was BLISSFUL. I am so blessed to have all the people that I do in my life. So first I'm going to tell you what happened a year ago today. A year ago today I was in a car accident that left me dead. I got internally decapitated, my pelvis was crushed, my spleen had to be removed. I had 27 total ribs and fractures in my back. I had a broken shoulder and a broken collar bone, and major brain trauma. Well they said I wouldn't make it, either all the injuries would take me or the pneumonia would. Pneumonia isn't something to joke about either, because it is so serious it makes me sick. Well, today I got to meet the man Pat Killian that SAVED my life. YES you got it, SAVED my life. Not only am I blessed to have him in my life but all my friends, family, medical staff at the University of Utah, but also IHC Medical Center in Murray and my physical therapists with non stop care for me. I still call them and try to follow up on what we have missed out of each others lives.

I want to say some important things right now. PLEASE don't take your life for granted. PLEASE don't take anyone else's life for granted. Enjoy every breath, because before you know it something will happen and you will feel horrible because you didn't get to say good-bye, you didn't get to say you were sorry, and you didn't get to say you loved them. So next time you go to say something rude to someone even if you just barely met them, THINK about it and if you are or even aren't sorry appologize because you will regret not doing it sooner.

I know the lord helped me a tremendous amoun through this whole past year's journey through my life. I was baptized just three months before I got into this accident, if it wasn't for all the blessings, prayers and faith ... I wouldn't have pulled out alive. I don't care what faith you are, it's the change of heart that matters. I think it genuinly has to change for the lord to forgive you. I know I am by far perfect, but I'm a tool in the Lord's hands. That's what I promised to do ... and that's what I'll continue to do, until the day I die. So again, just enjoy every moment that you get to be alive. *It's a great day to be alive.*

Anyways. I love everyone in my life. I will continue to love them, adore them and admire them. I think that a lot do the same to me. Not like I'm trying to boast or think I'm better than anyone, but lots of people tell me I help them, when in all reality I think they help me. It's a payward forward cycle like Pat said today when I saw him ... He paid it forward to me to keep the life cycle going, so now it's my turn. I LOVE life, and you should too.

LOVE,
Kasandra

No comments: